Our daughter Angel is still recovering from her first and her last (in Jesus’ name) bout of bronchitis. She is doing better everyday and is almost through it but still has coughing fits. Of course the devil has tried to tell me every lie in the book about something bad happening to her.
- What if she coughs while eating and chokes?
- What if she coughs so hard she can’t get enough air?
- What if this sends her into serious respiratory distress?
The devil is never going to stop lying to us until that glorious day when Jesus shuts his mouth for good. But the truth is, at the cross, Jesus stripped him of his authority to harm us!
Colossians 2:15 says,
He defeated the rulers and powers of the spiritual world. With the cross He won the victory over them and led them away, as defeated and powerless prisoners for the whole world to see. (ERV)
Here are some ways you can respond to the devil’s silliness anytime he lies to you:
- Speak the name “Jesus” (see Philippians s 2:8-11)
- Put on your spiritual armor (see Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Ignore his lies
- Remind him that he has no authority over you or your family (see Colossians 2:15)
- Follow Jesus’ example and speak the Word (see Matthew 4:2-11)
- Thank him for revealing to you that (since He is a liar) the very opposite of the thing he has been lying to you about is what will actually happen. That’s great news! (see John 8:44)
For those of us who have accepted Jesus as our Savior, one day soon we will be enjoying eternity in Heaven with God and our loved ones in Christ who have gone home before us, but here is the devil’s fate.
Revelation 20:10 (NLT)
Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Never forget that you have authority over the devil and all his assistants, in the name of Jesus!
If you have not yet made Jesus your Savior and received the wonderful joy that His finished work on the cross has provided for you to live in, please visit my page here titled Jesus In The Driver’s Seat. On this page I explain the good news of the gospel and you will have the opportunity to pray a prayer of salvation, making Jesus your Savior! Jesus loves you and His arms are wide open!